As noted in a previous post, phones today hold a ton of music. This is creating a new trend – one that I can’t fucking stand. You come up to the booth and just shove your phone/ipod/walkman in my face. You don’t say anything, you just expect me to play the song on your phone. If I say I don’t have it (ie – I don’t want to play it) you hand me your phone and expect me to plug it into the mixer. It doesn’t work like that for so many reasons that I won’t even get into it. Then there’s other people who write their requests on their phone’s notepad app thing. They shove their phone in my face and want me to read it. As much as I don’t want to talk to you, I really don’t want to have to read shit off your phone. So, unless you are Helen Keller, please use your words.
- All that mixing and cutting and sound effects is cute and all, but sometimes you gotta just PLAY THE FUCKING SONG 1 week ago
- A dude on Reddit did a video mash-up of Biggie with Dinosaurs and it's amazing. youtube.com/watch?v=-v2mvO… #NotTheMomma 2 weeks ago
- Crowds expecting greatness push DJs to be better. Great DJs have needy crowds and shit DJs have indifferent crowds 3 weeks ago
- RT @mick_fiction: So I made this book based on my @tumblr with hundreds of contributing DJs & photographers and it's for sale on Amazon htt… 1 month ago
- RT @willeastman: Siri, please tell this person trying to make a request that I don't care. 1 month ago
- RT @SheckyGreen: Trapped in the Booth: 15 Songs We Never Need To Hear in the Club Again, by @DJLouieXIV. DJs must read, hilarity -> https:/… 2 months ago
- Resolution/rule for 2015 - leave anytime the DJ plays anything with Fatman Scoop in it. #sadlystillhappens 2 months ago