As noted in a previous post, phones today hold a ton of music. This is creating a new trend – one that I can’t fucking stand. You come up to the booth and just shove your phone/ipod/walkman in my face. You don’t say anything, you just expect me to play the song on your phone. If I say I don’t have it (ie – I don’t want to play it) you hand me your phone and expect me to plug it into the mixer. It doesn’t work like that for so many reasons that I won’t even get into it. Then there’s other people who write their requests on their phone’s notepad app thing. They shove their phone in my face and want me to read it. As much as I don’t want to talk to you, I really don’t want to have to read shit off your phone. So, unless you are Helen Keller, please use your words.
- RT @mick_fiction: So I made this book based on my @tumblr with hundreds of contributing DJs & photographers and it's for sale on Amazon htt… 2 weeks ago
- RT @willeastman: Siri, please tell this person trying to make a request that I don't care. 1 month ago
- RT @SheckyGreen: Trapped in the Booth: 15 Songs We Never Need To Hear in the Club Again, by @DJLouieXIV. DJs must read, hilarity -> https:/… 1 month ago
- Resolution/rule for 2015 - leave anytime the DJ plays anything with Fatman Scoop in it. #sadlystillhappens 1 month ago
- Need a gift for the DJ on your list? Get the great No Breasts No Requests book (under $10!) amzn.to/1IYVcRS http://t.co/5EG5xLeZAQ 2 months ago
- RT @DoAndroidsDance: This new Play-N-Skillz track, "Literally I Can't," is 'literally' everything that's wrong with the EDM scene. http://t… 3 months ago
- RT @SlothBoogie: Big up @mick_fiction on making No Breasts No Requests into a book! slothboogie.com/2014/10/no-bre… http://t.co/4SR7B7CvoB 4 months ago