Let’s start this post with a few scientifically proven facts. FACT – The average girl has 374 “most favorite song ever” songs between the ages of 16 and 25. FACT – In a typical bar, 72% of these girls currently have the same exact “my song”. FACT – Whatever song is currently your “jam” will only be your “jam” for another 24.6 days. Ok. Enough science. (Thanks to the Department of Made Up Numbers for those stats) Basically, telling a DJ to play a song because it is “your song” is really, really annoying. First of all, I don’t care what is currently “your song.” No, wait. That’s kinda mean. What I meant was… If I play a song that happens to be “your song,” then I definitely did it on purpose. And it IS really important that you hear “your song” because it will always be “your song.” I’m positive you won’t have a new favorite song in three weeks. And now that I have played “your song” I am sure you are certain to have a fantastic time tonight You will keep dancing and having fun all night, and definitely won’t need to hear “your song” again. Nope. You definitely won’t be asking for me to play “your song” again in 15 minutes. I realize that you only got to hear “your song” on your ipod 20 times today. So, yes, I will definitely play this song that you are currently claiming to own. Oh, and by the way, Justin Beiber is definitely talking about you when he sings “Baby”.
- Dear creators of iDeeJay, Please don't. Thanks, DJs everywhere https://t.co/Vki4hlyHyK 3 months ago
- RT @PlayItNowApp: 'Look stop going up to the DJ booth and making requests. You're embarrassing me.' #djlife #DJ #DJBooth #music https://t.c… 5 months ago
- RT @TheDJGospel: So much truth right here and that is the Gospel #DJ https://t.co/Lt3S1NzI76 5 months ago
- Thank you, Fergie, for popping up on BBQ playlists this holiday weekend and reminding us all that you're the worst. 6 months ago
- RT @djcastle: Requesting a big radio hit is always a good idea, cause DJs need to know. Especially real early in the night - we love that s… 7 months ago
- Styles upon styles upon styles... #RIPPhifeDawg 10 months ago
- #TBT to that time @Numark "borrowed" my drawing for their tweet. Thanks! #TeamPioneer https://t.co/0YTgbPpqGm 11 months ago