Let’s start this post with a few scientifically proven facts. FACT – The average girl has 374 “most favorite song ever” songs between the ages of 16 and 25. FACT – In a typical bar, 72% of these girls currently have the same exact “my song”. FACT – Whatever song is currently your “jam” will only be your “jam” for another 24.6 days. Ok. Enough science. (Thanks to the Department of Made Up Numbers for those stats) Basically, telling a DJ to play a song because it is “your song” is really, really annoying. First of all, I don’t care what is currently “your song.” No, wait. That’s kinda mean. What I meant was… If I play a song that happens to be “your song,” then I definitely did it on purpose. And it IS really important that you hear “your song” because it will always be “your song.” I’m positive you won’t have a new favorite song in three weeks. And now that I have played “your song” I am sure you are certain to have a fantastic time tonight You will keep dancing and having fun all night, and definitely won’t need to hear “your song” again. Nope. You definitely won’t be asking for me to play “your song” again in 15 minutes. I realize that you only got to hear “your song” on your ipod 20 times today. So, yes, I will definitely play this song that you are currently claiming to own. Oh, and by the way, Justin Beiber is definitely talking about you when he sings “Baby”.
- All that mixing and cutting and sound effects is cute and all, but sometimes you gotta just PLAY THE FUCKING SONG 6 days ago
- A dude on Reddit did a video mash-up of Biggie with Dinosaurs and it's amazing. youtube.com/watch?v=-v2mvO… #NotTheMomma 2 weeks ago
- Crowds expecting greatness push DJs to be better. Great DJs have needy crowds and shit DJs have indifferent crowds 2 weeks ago
- RT @mick_fiction: So I made this book based on my @tumblr with hundreds of contributing DJs & photographers and it's for sale on Amazon htt… 1 month ago
- RT @willeastman: Siri, please tell this person trying to make a request that I don't care. 1 month ago
- RT @SheckyGreen: Trapped in the Booth: 15 Songs We Never Need To Hear in the Club Again, by @DJLouieXIV. DJs must read, hilarity -> https:/… 2 months ago
- Resolution/rule for 2015 - leave anytime the DJ plays anything with Fatman Scoop in it. #sadlystillhappens 2 months ago